Thank you to Cynthia at As Life Would Have It for nominating me for this award! The Liebster Award is a nomination by one blogger to another (well eleven others actually) to share the blog-love. It is recognition of other bloggers and it’s really nice to know that people are visiting our blogs and enjoying what we have to say!
So here are the questions set by Cynthia (read her Liebster Award here):
1. If someone were creating a comic book superhero based on you and your life, what would your superhero name and power be?
I would be super speedy then I could get everything done and still have loads of time to drink wine save the world. I’m not sure how being really fast would save the world. But at least we wouldn’t be late for the school run.
2. What would your kid/kids’ superhero name and power be?
Izzy would be The Chatterbox. She could talk people into doing whatever she liked, just so they could get 5 minutes peace. Except I think she would be more likely to use her power for evil, becoming a super villain and distracting people with her chatter while her sidekick, The Clara-Beast (as Izzy currently calls her) would be stealing biscuits for the two of them.
3. If you could have one wish but it couldn’t be for more wishes or anything impossible, vague, or requiring mind control – like world peace – what would you wish for?
This is probably quite a selfish answer, but it would have to be money. People say money doesn’t buy happiness, but it can do a lot of good. I wouldn’t have to work and could spend time travelling and creating awesome experiences for my family, as well as giving money to worthy causes.
4. What is your favorite junk food?
Chocolate. I could eat it all day.
5. You meet a talented inventor who can invent most anything that he sets his mind to. He asks you what you think he should try to invent next. What do you tell him?
A teleporter. Not a rubbish one like in The Fly that would leave us all horribly mutated. One that would actually work so we could get rid of the stress of travelling with kids and get everywhere faster.
6. If you had to be someone other than yourself, but you could choose anyone in the world, who would it be?
I was going to write Kate Middleton, because she is pretty and always dresses well, but then I realised I would have to live constantly in the public eye and would have to be married to Prince William. Not that there’s anything wrong with him but I much prefer Harry. I honestly don’t know who I would want to be!
7. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
A night owl. I certainly work better at night. Until I had children. Then I became more of a ‘middle of the day’ person. Now mornings are still not my friend, but I rarely have the energy to stay up late!
8. Why did you decide to start a blog?
To record memories of our family life and give me opportunity to try out some different types of writing in the hope that I may entertain some people along the way.
9. Do you ever talk to your television like the people on the screen can hear you? If so, what show are you more than likely watching?
All the time. Most likely I will be watching Criminal Minds or something similar and talking to the obvious next victim on the screen. “You don’t want to go down there. Seriously, its late at night, you are on your own, don’t head down that dark, deserted street… run! RUN!… Too late. Oh well I think you kinda deserved that as you are clearly AN IDIOT!”
10. Sing that song that’s always getting stuck in your head. Never get songs stuck in your head? Just start singing the first song that comes to mind. What song are you singing?
Everything is awesome, Everything is cool when you’re part of a team… [does robot dance]. Damn Lego Movie.
11. If you had to pick a reality television show to be a part of, which one would you choose?
This one is a tough one as I don’t really watch any reality TV. Probably the one where they are all on a nice sunny island (Shipwrecked?) as at least I’d get a holiday out of it.
Here are the ‘rules’. (I know, I know, it’s just a bit of fun. But fun with rules.)
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link to them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
So here are the nominees! (I was also confused by the less than 200 followers bit as the number of WordPress followers doesn’t translate to real number of followers – via Twitter, Facebook etc). Please show some love for these bloggers!
- The Smoking Mum https://thesmokingmum.wordpress.com/
- Dear Jalen http://dearjalen.com/
- Dr Natalie Green https://drnataliegreen.wordpress.com/
- We’re Only Hsuman http://wereonlyhsuman.com/
- It’s Not Broken, It’s a Jigsaw https://itsnotbrokenitsajigsaw.wordpress.com/
- Bliss and Baby Brain https://blissandbabybrain.wordpress.com/
- According to Katie http://accordingtokatie.com/
- Another Day in Mommadise https://anotherdayinmommadise.wordpress.com/
- When My Brain Farts https://whenmybrainfarts.wordpress.com/
- Spicy Sweet https://spicysweet113.wordpress.com/
- Oh no! Not Another Mummy Blog https://onceuponatimesuburbia.wordpress.com/
And here are your questions:
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could do any job at all in the world what would you do?
- Which Disney character do you think you are most like?
- If you could live in any decade (past, present or future) which one would you chose and why?
- You can only read three books for the rest of your life. Which three would you pick?
- What talent/skill do you wish you had/could do?
- What are your blogging goals and aspirations for the next 12 months?
- What was your favourite childhood toy?
- Summer or Winter?
- If you had to live in any country other than the one you currently live in, which one would you chose?
- What is the last song or album you listened to?
Thanks again to Cynthia for the nomination, and I hope all the nominees enjoy answering the questions!
Please like Kizzy, Izzy and Baby on Facebook or follow me @kizzy1984 on Twitter.